The Armstrong Watson (AW, us, we) group is committed to data security. This privacy notice describes how and why we collect and use personal data; it also provides information about individuals’ rights under current UK data protection laws.
- We define personal data as any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person that is held either electronically or on paper.
- We use this personal data for various purposes, each purpose will differ in terms of the means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure, and retention periods.
- We aim to be transparent about how and why we need to use this data and this privacy notice gives details about our specific process activities. It applies to personal data provided to us, both by individuals themselves or by others.
- We may use personal data provided to us for any of the purposes described in this privacy notice or as otherwise stated at the point of collection.
If, at any time, you have concerns or questions about how or why your personal data is being used by us or you wish to report a breach, please don’t hesitate to speak to your partner or relationship manager for more information. Alternatively, the firm has a Privacy team that is headed up by our Head of Privacy, details of how to contact them can be found below.
You have a number of rights regarding the personal data we hold about you, to exercise any of the rights simply email or write to the Privacy team with details of your request. For more information about these rights please visit the Your data rights page. Also the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) has a very detailed guide that explains these rights and can be found on their website
How to contact the Privacy team
The Armstrong Watson group includes Armstrong Watson LLP, Armstrong Watson Audit Ltd and Armstrong Watson Financial Planning Ltd; regardless of which company in the Armstrong Watson group your query concerns please contact: Head of Privacy Armstrong Watson LLP 15 Victoria Place Carlisle CA1 1EW Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01228 690100
Changes to this privacy notice
More information on how and why we use your data
To find out more please go to the sections of this statement that are relevant to you.
- Business contacts
- Corporate clients (and individuals associated with our corporate clients)
- Personal clients
- Individuals whose personal data we obtain in connection with providing professional services to our clients
- Insolvency Clients (and individuals associated with these clients)
- Others who get in touch with us
- Partners and staff
- Recruitment applicants
- Suppliers (including subcontractors and individuals associated with our suppliers and subcontractors)
- Visitors to our offices
- Visitors to our website
Your data rights
Access to personal data You have a right of access to your personal data which held by us as a data controller. This right may be exercised by emailing us at email@example.com with details of the data you would like to see. We would usually provide a summary of data held free of charge, however may charge for a request for access in accordance with applicable law if the request is repetitive, manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will aim to respond to any requests for information promptly within 30 days. Amendment of personal data We want to keep your data up to date and accurate. Please let us know of any changes by either:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak to your partner or relationship manger
- Via the relevant website registration page or by amending the personal details held on our website
We will make corrections (where appropriate) based on your updated information within 30 days. Withdrawal of consent Where we process personal data based on consent, individuals have a right to withdraw consent at any time. We do not generally process personal data based on consent (as we can usually rely on another legal basis), for example a contractual requirement to deliver a service. To withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data either:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Speak to your partner or relationship manager
- To stop receiving an email from a AW marketing list, please click on the unsubscribe link in the email you receive from us.
Other data subject rights As well as rights of access and amendment referred to above, individuals have other rights in relation to the personal data we hold, such as:
- The right to erasure/deletion
- The right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data
- The right to data portability.
Some of these rights will only be available from 25 May 2018. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may not be able to fulfil a right to be forgotten request if we have other valid reasons for retaining it. Complaints We hope that you won’t ever need to, but if you do want to complain about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to email@example.com. We will look into and respond to any complaint we receive. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) (the UK data protection regulator). For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO website.